Gain insights into the nation’s new Variable Capital Company (VCC) framework
managing director, APAC region Share this post
It’s been more than six months since the new corporate structure for investment funds, The Variable Capital Company (VCC), was implemented in Singapore, and it’s become quite the buzz. My previous blog—Singapore’s VCC Framework: 4 Facts You Need to Know—highlights the details of this new structure.
The VCC offers many advantages:
- Variable capital structure that allows for flexibility in its issuance and redemption of shares and its ability to pay dividends
- Standalone or an umbrella fund set up
- Open-ended and closed-end fund options
- The ability to re-domicile existing overseas investment funds with comparable structures by transferring existing registration to Singapore as VCCs
How CSC helps
As a corporate and fund administrator, CSC provides a wide range of support from initial fund set-up and onboarding to day-to-day administration, including:
- Fund management company
- Corporate secretarial
- Corporate accounting and corporate tax filing
- HR payroll administration support
- New fund launch or fund conversion administrative support
- Fund accounting and financial reporting services
- Investor reporting
- Regulatory and compliance reporting
- Special purpose vehicle (SPV) administration
- Partnership representative services
With more than 40 years of experience in the Asia-Pacific region, our experts understand the markets, the regulations, and―most importantly―the nuances of each jurisdiction’s culture to help your business sustain its momentum.
To learn more about setting up fund and investment structures in Singapore, contact Agnes Chen, our Asia-Pacific managing director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our cscgfm.com to learn about our Fund Administration and SPV services.